Dr. Girish Kumar V, MD [Dravya Guna]
Dr. Girish Kumar is an M.D graduate in Ayurvedic Pharmacology from Govt. Ayurvedic medical College, Bangalore, Karnataka. He completed his post-graduation in the year 2008 and worked as teaching faculty at Atreya Ayurveda medical college after which he joined IAIM – TDU.
Dr. Girish Kumar started his career as Program officer at Educational Unit, TDU. Presently working as Senior Assistant Professor and leading the team – Education Innovation & Outreach. He was and is involved in developing, managing, co-ordinating and implementing various Ayurvedic education and curriculum programs for laymen, paramedical & medical and international graduates. He has coordinated and conducted various training programs in the same. A few to mention:
- Thai – IAIM collaboration on training & capacity building Thai traditional Doctors & researchers in traditional knowledge & health sciences development (including Ayurveda, folk medicines, etc) (2011 – 2012).
- IGNOU – CEI collaboration in conducting “Panchakarma therapist training program” for rural youth (2013).
- INNERGY Ayurveda and Yoga Ltd (Singapore) – CEI collaboration in conducting Ayurvedic courses for South East Asia participants (2010 – 2016)
- Mount Carmel college – CEI collaboration in conducting “Medicinal plants & Primary Health Care” training program for graduate & Post graduate students for their self-reliance in PHC management (2010 – till date)
- Christ University – CEI collaboration in conducting “Ethno botany” training program for graduation students for their self-reliance in PHC management (2012 – till date)
- India study program – 6 weeks elective/intern program, for the Overseas Allopathy medical doctors (especially from US & Uk).
- Initiated Outreach activities – providing technical support in developing Therapy protocols for Wellness establishments.
- Initiated IAIM – Home care services, – providing special Panchakarma services @ patient’s residence.
He has presented and published a SCIENTIFIC PAPER in International conference held in Cochabamba, Bolivia on Endogenous development on 29th Oct – 5th Nov 2011 and a SCIENTIFIC PAPER on adverse drug reaction in NATIONAL SEMINAR held on December 2007 in Pankaja Kasthuri Ayurvedic Medical College, Trivandrum.
He has visited & delivered lectures on Ayurveda in many countries (Chile, Bolivia, Srilankha, Thailand, and Singapore) & interacted with students around the globe.
His professional interests and hobbies include Plant identification, Garden landscaping, and documenting traditional knowledge on health and its practices.