Experience: 10+ Years
Qualification: MS, BAMS
TUE, THU, FRI, 9AM to 5PM
Specialized in Para-Surgical procedures like Agnikarma, Raktamokshana (Siravyadha), Jalauka (Leech therapy), Kshara sutra and Ksharalepa
Area of Expertise
- Ano-rectal conditions like piles, fistula, and fissure
- Orthopedics & Sports injuries like fractures, disc prolapse, joint disorders and ligament injuries
- Peripheral vascular conditions like varicose veins, vascular insufficiency, diabetic vasculopathy
- Non healing ulcers like varicose ulcers, diabetic foot
- Urinary tract conditions like kidney stones, impaired renal functions, prostate enlargement, hydrocele, phimosis and paraphimosis
- Other surgical conditions like cystic swellings, lipomas, moles, warts, corns etc.
Dr. Vikram Balu has more than 10 years of clinical experience and is currently serving as a Medical Officer in the Department of Shalyatantra at I-AIM since 2015.. His area of focus includes surgery and para-surgery (Shalyatantra).
He has successfully treated many patients with non healing ulcers, fistula in-ano, piles, varicose veins and other surgical related conditions. He has also successfully treated patients with fistula in Ano with Ksharasootra procedure.
Dr. Vikram has been part of the a team developing protocols for Whole Systems Ayurveda management of chronic Urinary Tract Infections in women. His team has also worked on integrative management of wounds including diabetic wounds.
- Consulting Ayurvedic Surgeon, at various reputed Ayurvedic and Allopathic Hospitals in Bangalore.