Experience: 11+ Years
Qualification: BAMS, CRAV
MON to FRI, 9AM to 5PM
SAT, 10AM to 4PM
1 SUN PER MONTH
(Prior Appointment Reqd.)
Area of Expertise
- General and cosmetic skin conditions like
- Allergies, Warts, Acne,
- Pruritis, scars and skin infections
- Pigmentation disorders,
- Diffuse hairfall, Dandruff.
- Auto immune skin conditions like
- Psoriasis, Lichen planus,
- Atopic Dermatitis, Eczema, Vitiligo,
- Phemphigus Vulgaris,Alopecia etc
- Chronic skin conditions like
- Fungal infections,
- Herpes, Urticaria,
- Seborrhic Dermatitis, Abcess etc
Dr. Sahana has more than 11 yrs. of clinical experience in managing dermatological cases with an integrative approach. She is also an active member of the NABH team contributing to the overall improvement in quality and standards of the hospital.
She has successfully managed many auto immune skin conditions which are chronic and long standing in nature like psoriasis, vitiligo, atopic dermatitis, lichen planus, and eczema with the Ayurveda panchakarma (detox and rejuvenation) therapies. Treatments with appropriately designed and customized panchakarma therapies, internal medications, diet advice, yoga, and lifestyle changes have been found to greatly enhance outcomes. Other conditions like diffuse hair fall, dandruff, acne, and alopecia are well managed with internal and External therapies including traditional bloodletting procedures (leech therapy).
She has conducted classes for the students of the Panchakarma training course as well.
- She has worked at various reputed Ayurvedic Clinics, Hospitals and Allopathy Hospitals in Bangalore.