Herbs promote a “normalizing effect” on the nervous system, helping to stabilize and enhance mental function to promote peak mental performance and acuity (sharpness or keenness of thought, vision, or hearing).
Why choose herbs to support Mental Performance?
- Because herbs have been proven effective from centuries of use.
- Because herbs have a long history of safe use, without the side effects associated with chemical drugs.
- Because herbs are nature’s solution to wellness challenges.
- Because herbs are non-habit forming.
- Because herbs can act as a tonic and provide a “normalizing effect” on the nervous system, stabilizing and enhancing mental function.
- Because herbs have been shown to help restore physiological balance to help the brain perform at its vital best.
- Because herbs have been shown to enhance cerebral blood flow which is essential for facilitating the supply of nutrients to and removal of toxic metabolites from the tissues of the brain.
- These herbs also help to strengthen cerebral micro capillaries to minimize leakage and facilitate mental longevity.
Brain is the most powerful and most complex part of the body. In research on mind power scientists found that a person who lost his limb in an accident could generate sensation related to his lost organ. Different regions of the brain work differently in handling human reactions and imparting power to body organs. To know how to boost brain power, to enhance memory, increase power to focus and have a stress-free mind, simple techniques and home remedies can be adopted. There are numerous best home remedies to boost brain power which can provide the brain with rare nutrition to empower it.
How to boost Brain Power?
The herbal remedies provide the answer to people who want to know how to boost brain power. There are many who, sometimes, feel scatter brained or are unable to concentrate on their work, which requires a good amount of attention because the brain is either stressed or incapable to focus on the subject. Few well known herbs to boost brain power are Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Shankhpushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis), Gurhal (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis), Brahmdandi (Tricholepis glaberrima), Gorakhmundi (Sphaeranthus indicus) etc. that can make the brain powerful to enable it to handle extreme pressure. Brahmi is famously used as a brain tonic, and Shankhpushpi is one of the four leading herbs found in many home remedies to boost brain power which is used to increase brain power.
Gurhal (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis) is a popular, mostly red colour flowering herb, which is used to prepare herbal tea. This is one of the ingredients of the herbal brain booster supplements which can reduce blood pressure and its effect is comparable to taking popular high blood pressure laboratory-based medication.
Shankhpushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis) is a herb, which mostly has white colour flowers, is globally known to be an enhancer of mind power. In South India, another herb, Clitorea ternatea is referred to and used as Shankhapushpi.
Brahmdandi (Tricholepis glaberrima) increases confidence and de-stresses the mind. This is very effective in reducing stress and anxiety in a person.
Gorakhmundi (Sphaeranthus indicus) is a herb rich in antioxidants and phyto chemicals that aid to mental power.
There are many simple home remedies to boost brain power that can help a person to have a superior brain and memory. Especially, it is important for a person reading a book or doing meditation to find himself completely cut off from the world, almost submerged in the story, which can get him a great improvement in mind power. It is believed that when a person goes deep into meditation, the power of part of the brain that is damaged by anxiety or depression is revived. Home remedies are known to be effective in increasing mind power as it can help in repairing any damage to brain, promote growth of new nerve cells and the phyto-chemicals in the herbs improve flow of information in the brain.
Some Home Remedies
These days, most of the people are ailing from lack of concentration and forgetfulness. Here are some home remedies-
- Apples (Malus domestica) are beneficial in the treatment of memory loss and mental irritability. Eating the fruit everyday with honey (1 tbsp) followed by a glass of milk is effective against amnesia.
- Include Strawberries (Fragaria ananassa), Jamun (Syzygium cumini), Blackberries (Rubus fruticosis) and Blueberries (Vaccinium corymbosum) in your daily diet chart, as these are exceptionally rich in antioxidants and are the best to boost up your memory.
- Known as antioxidant powerhouse, Spinach (Spinacia oleracea) contains all vital nutrients and is regarded as the essential food for body and mind.
- Dry fruits are useful in countering poor memory. Walnut (Juglans cinerea) (20 gm) along with raisins (Vitis vinifera) and figs (Ficus carica) (10 gm each) every day is an effective remedy.
- Rich in essential fatty acids and nutrients, Almonds (Prunus dulcis) are well-reputed as nervine-tonic. Soak-5-7 almonds in water overnight and eat after peeling, followed by hot milk drink.
- Mix 5 seeds of finely grounded black pepper (Piper nigrum) with honey (1 tbsp) and take it both in the morning and evening.
- Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) is an antioxidant herb that is known to slow brain aging and strengthen memory. Dry 7 gm of Brahmi and ground with 7 almonds and about 50 mg black pepper in water. Strain the mixture and sweeten with honey. Every morning, drink it empty stomach.
- Prepare tea from dried Sage (Salvia officinalis) leaves and have it regularly. Sage strengthens the ability of the brain to concentrate.
- Tea preparation from Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) leaves refreshes mind and enhances mental agility.
- Mix 3 gm of Black cumin (Nigella sativa) seeds with honey (2 tbsp). Take this preparation once in a day, preferably in the morning.
- Honey is considered as an anti-aging food because of its antioxidant properties. Make this natural sweetener a part of your life as it is beneficial in enhancing memory.
Last but not the least… other than diet, memory power can be boosted by some of these simple techniques:
- Give your body and mind adequate rest and sleep.
- Try to handle stress as it damages the process of remembering. Exercise will help you combat stress and anxiety. Learn the art of relaxation and meditation.
- Always tell yourself that you can remember everything.
- Let your brain exercise with brain-teasers and small tasks like recalling details of a text read or a photo you have just observed for a few seconds.
- To prevent forgetfulness, try to repeat things without distraction.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables that are a source of antioxidants and nutrients.
- Beta carotene, Vitamin C, Zinc, Iron and Folic acid are believed to improve memory and brain functioning as we age. Go for diet that provides it all.
- Include phosphorous-rich food in your diet, such as nuts, cereals, pulses, egg yolk and milk.
- Fruits rich in phosphorus like grapes, apple, oranges, figs, dates, etc., should be eaten to strengthen memory.
- People suffering from poor memory should drink cow’s milk as it is beneficial and nutritious.
Disclaimer: The medical recommendations are not confirmed by clinical studies or classical references of any medical texts. Information is gathered from the practicing physicians.
Please Note: Medicinal plant saplings are available for sale at I-AIM’s Herbal Garden and nursery, for more details, contact:
E-mail: [email protected]
Web link: http://envis.frlht.org/garden.php